One of the only photos on my Instagram to get so many comments and likes. You guys went CRAZY over these! So I thought I’d share them here. It’s only logical, right?
Yield 1 -2
I adapted this recipe from Hot For Foods Buffalo Cauliflower Wings - there are tons of awesome recipes for this concept, but I’m not the biggest fan of cauliflower. So I thought it would be fun to test out on broccoli, since it’s similar in size and texture. It tastes way better too - in my personal opinion.
- 1 bag Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 cup Water, filtered
- 3 tbsp Hot Sauce, Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Pink Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Start by prepping your broccoli. I bought mine already in florets - so that was super handy. Just wash, dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Measure and whisk together all your batter ingredients, it should be similar to pancake batter in consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 445 degrees F.
- Dip each floret and let the excess run off by tapping the side of your bowl. Lay flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat till everything is coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through if you wish (not vital to do so though).
- Remove from the oven and toss in sauce of choice. I did bbq sauce, garlic parmesan and a spicy mango chili sauce. All store bought, but the garlic parm. was just earth balance butter with garlic, nutritional yeast and pink salt.
- Once coated, transfer back to your baking sheet and continue at 445 degrees F for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce of choice. I went with roasted red pepper hummus and my cheezy sauce, recipe here.
(Adapted From Hot For Food's Buffalo Cauliflower Wings)
Courses Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine Vegan, Gluten-Free