Growing up I ate copious amounts of potatoes – something I still do to this day (#AllTheCarbs). In the South it’s basically a religion to eat potatoes. Mashed, baked, fried, gratin, hasselback, fries, wedges. The list goes on and on… trust me. So today I thought I would share a fun way I like to make potatoes as a full meal.
My family is big on loaded potatoes, granted it’s always full of things I don’t consume now. This veggie lovers version is my solution to that. Who doesn’t love tons of veggies?! (I’m sure a lot of people, actually)… but I LOVE veggies!
Cheezy Loaded Baker & Thai Peanut Baker
The perfect way to accommodate two different flavors in the same meal. For the couple that wants both sweet and savory. You can't go wrong with loaded baked potatoes - totally customizable for everyone!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash your potatoes, scrubbing away any dirt.
- Pat dry and place them right on the middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on size. Check on them after 40 minutes and rotate if needed.
- Wash and cut all your veggies.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat, with a touch of oil (if desired, completely optional if you’re using non-stick).
- Add in your veggies and cook till tender, about 8-12 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove your potatoes from the oven and cut a slit down the middle, longways.
- Using a clean dish towel, or your hands if you’re feeling brave - push in the sides to create an opening in the center.
- Divide up your veggies into both potatoes evenly.
- Top one with cheezy sauce + black pepper and the other with peanut sauce + sesame seeds.
- Serve warm, enjoy!