Vegan Tofu Chik’n Noodle Soup
Yield 6 servings
- 14 oz. block Simple Truth Firm Tofu, diced
- 3 cups dried Simple Truth Fusilli Noodles
- 4 large chopped Carrots, about 2 cups
- 3 stalks chopped Celery, about 1 cup
- 10 cups Water + 8 tsp Vegan Chicken Bouillon*
- 4-6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cups packed Kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp White Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Tofu Chik’n Marinade:
- 2 tsp Vegan Chicken Bouillon
- ½ tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tsp White Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Prep tofu by draining and pressing it for 10-20 minutes.
- Toss tofu in chik’n marinade and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in a single layer for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat cook onion until just tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic, carrots and celery and cook for another 5 minutes. Adding water as needed to avoid sticking.
- Pour in water, bouillon and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil, then add noodles and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes uncovered or until noodles are al dente.
- Turn off the heat and add in the kale and baked tofu. Alternatively you can add tofu on top to keep the texture firmer.
- Stir in miso, salt & pepper to taste at the end before serving.
Courses Dinner, Entree
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/vegan-tofu-chikn-noodle-soup-10-ingredients/