Coming off of a week of being sick, soup was the only thing that made it better. I’m forever thankful to my friend, Ann @plantcrush, for making and delivering me vegan chicken noodle soup. After I felt better I really wanted to make my own version and this tofu chik’n noodle soup is what I came up with!
You only need about 10 ingredients, all very simple and inexpensive. Everything was easily found at my local Kroger, you all know I love their Simple Truth line. So stock up on the essentials and get ready to make a soup so comforting you’re bound to feel instantly better after consuming it.
It’s that time of year when everyone has a cold or the flu. That’s when I usually get sick, hanging around family for the holidays. Your immune system is fighting the added stressors and eventually the sickness takes over. Even vegans get sick, it happens! Whether you’re sick or not, this is a wonderful dish to make all year round. For that extra boost of comfort.
I like to use a vegan-friendly mock chicken bouillon base in the glass jar. Feel free to use vegetable stock or any bouillon you prefer best. I’ve also shown this recipe being made with gluten-free pasta, which you can replace with your favorite option too. It’s an incredibly versatile recipe that’s easy to modify as you wish.
If you give this recipe a try, please snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using the hashtag #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I’m forever grateful for those of you that continue to read my blog and interact with me on all platforms. Thank you for taking the time to check out my page and try my recipes!
Vegan Tofu Chik’n Noodle Soup
Yield 6 servings
- 14 oz. block Simple Truth Firm Tofu, diced
- 3 cups dried Simple Truth Fusilli Noodles
- 4 large chopped Carrots, about 2 cups
- 3 stalks chopped Celery, about 1 cup
- 10 cups Water + 8 tsp Vegan Chicken Bouillon*
- 4-6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cups packed Kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp White Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Tofu Chik’n Marinade:
- 2 tsp Vegan Chicken Bouillon
- ½ tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tsp White Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Prep tofu by draining and pressing it for 10-20 minutes.
- Toss tofu in chik’n marinade and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in a single layer for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat cook onion until just tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic, carrots and celery and cook for another 5 minutes. Adding water as needed to avoid sticking.
- Pour in water, bouillon and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil, then add noodles and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes uncovered or until noodles are al dente.
- Turn off the heat and add in the kale and baked tofu. Alternatively you can add tofu on top to keep the texture firmer.
- Stir in miso, salt & pepper to taste at the end before serving.
Courses Dinner, Entree
PIN IT FOR LATER!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger/Fred Meyer. The opinions and text are all mine.0