Taking my hummus addiction to the next level with some Mediterranean style pinwheels. Earlier in the month I shared this roasted red pepper & sun-dried tomato hummus. Now I’m using it as the base to make all kinds of wraps.
This combination inparticlular is insanely delicious paired with my nut-free tzatziki dip. Instead of blending the herbs I added them finely chopped, that’s why it’s not green like the original version. I also added extra shredded cucumber to brighten it up. If you haven’t tried it, definitely do so soon.
Looking for a gluten-free option? You can use lettuce wraps, raw coconut wraps or thinly-sliced cucumber strips. Wanting to make this even lighter? Prep all the filling ingredients together and use the hummus thinned out as a dressing for a Mediterranean style salad. Throw in some chopped olives or toasted nuts to add healthy fats.
Please let me know if you give this recipe a try, I would love to hear what you think! Be sure to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
Vegan Mediterranean Style Pinwheels
Yield 1 serving
- Take a sheet of lavash bread and evenly spread hummus leaving about 3 inches of one end plain.
- Top the dry end with a layer of spinach.
- Add a thin layer of sliced cucumber and tomato.
- Take the veggie end of the lavish bread and tightly roll to the end with hummus.
- Add picks evenly every inch or so and cut slices in between.
- Serve fresh with a side of tzatziki sauce for dipping, optional.
Courses Appetizer, Lunch