Expanding upon the hemp seed pesto I shared earlier, this is the perfect pasta salad to make using up any leftovers! It’s summer-friendly loaded with fresh and seasonal ingredients, like roasted corn and cherry tomatoes. Plus you get the added benefit of a chill side that can be thrown together in less than 20 minutes flat. It’s great made a day in advance if you’re planning ahead too.
I know not everyone is a fan of arugula, you can replace that with baby spinach or omit it altogether. Adjust accordingly to your tastebuds. This is also killer with a sprinkle of coconut bacon and even more sunflower seed parmesan, if you want to kick up the flavor even more.
I’m still on a zero-cooking kick, as you can tell by the past couple months of recipes. But I thought something as simple as boiling water didn’t classify as requiring much effort in the cooking department. Simple recipes are truly the best this time of year and all year round really. Hopefully you can agree… more heat-free recipes something very soon.
Be sure to leave me a comment below letting me know if you give this recipe a try. I would love to hear what you think! Be sure to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
Vegan Hemp Seed Pesto Pasta Salad
Yield 4-6 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook dried pasta as directed on the package.
- Drain and rinse will cold water to bring the pasta to room temperature.
- Fold in the pesto and lemon juice, add salt as needed.
- Wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Pour into your pasta with corn, parmesan and arugula.
- Fold to evenly combine. Taste again and season as desired.
- Transfer to an airtight container and chill overnight.
- Serve warm or cold, topped with extra sunflower seed parmesan.
Will keep fresh for up to 5 days.
Courses Lunch, Dinner, Entree, Side