Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Right Rice Casserole
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is sponsored by RightRice.
- 1 bag Original RightRice, uncooked
- 1 cup Cheese Sauce, recipe below
- 2 cups Broccoli florets, small chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock, sodium-free
- ½ cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
Easy Cheese Sauce:
- 8 oz Firm Tofu*
- ⅓ cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- ⅔ cups Water, filtered
- 1 tbsp White Miso Paste
- ½ tbsp Sriracha
- ⅔ cups Nutritional Yeast
- ⅓ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt, to taste
- For the cheese sauce, measure and blend ingredients until smooth. Measure 1 cup and set aside, save the remaining in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
- Dice onion, garlic and rough chop broccoli into small chunks. Bring a medium skillet to medium heat and sauté onion and broccoli together for 5-6 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine a whole bag of uncooked original RightRice, sautéed veggies, cheese sauce and vegetable stock. Add a pinch of black pepper, optional and stir to evenly combine.
- For the breadcrumb topping, melt coconut oil and stir together with breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast.
- Transfer rice to a small 1 quart baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, I used a gluten-free blend.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and broil for 2-3 minutes or until top is evenly browned.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
*RightRice does contain some sodium and the cheese sauce is also salted, I recommend not adding any additional salt. Sprinkle on top if desired upon serving.
*For the cheese sauce you can also use a silken or medium firm tofu. The full recipe yields about 3 cups, save extras in an air-tight container. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Courses Dinner, Side
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/vegan-cheesy-broccoli-rightrice-casserole/