Kicking off this long holiday weekend with a fresh baked dip platter. With loads of vegetables for dipping! Such a great option for the kiddos at your next party or family get-together. I love appetizers like this because everyone can dip what they like best and it’s so hot outside the dip won’t get cold.
Using super simple and wholesome ingredients. It’s amazing what few things you need to achieve a cheesy-like taste that’s totally plant-based. This dip is also free of gluten, oil and nuts. Making it perfect for the bulk of those with allergies and/or food sensitivities. Again, appealing to a larger group if you’re trying to accommodate as many people as possible.
Feel free to add more nutritional yeast if you like an extra cheesy flavor. You can also add roasted garlic or sautéed onions if you’re wanting to enrich the overall base of this dip. I’m also a big fan of adding chopped artichoke hearts and some of my sunflower seed parmesan for a slightly different variation.
Be sure to let me know if you give this recipe a try. I would love to hear what you think! Feel free to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
Vegan Cheesy Baked Spinach Dip
Yield 2 cups
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach, rough chopped
- ½ cup Raw Sunflower Seeds, soaked*
- 15 oz. can Northern Beans, NOT drained
- 1 tbsp White or Chickpea Miso Paste
- ⅓ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 4 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ tsp ground Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Assortment of Vegetables, to dip
- Measure and blend everything (minus spinach), together until smooth. Adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped spinach and pulse to combine.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish and bake at 400 F. for 15 minutes uncovered. Broil for 2-3 minutes, optional.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy fresh with an assortment of fresh vegetables, crackers and/or chips.
Soak sunflower seeds for 1-2 hours beforehand if you're not using a high-speed blender. This will ensure a smoother dip consistency. Feel free to substitute raw cashews or tofu if desired.