Breakfast scramble bowls are something I’ve really enjoyed making this year. Typically, I make a sweet potato variation that’s more for brunch. Today however I wanted to share this version because I’m always getting messages from you all asking for more breakfast ideas. Of course it goes without saying, but this is a more involved meal. Meaning it’s not ideal for those of you on the go or in a hurry. This is perfect for those mornings off, where you can take a bit more time to get your day started and eat a large meal that won’t weigh you down.
You might be looking at the photos and think, this can’t be vegan. I can assure you it is and it’s absolutely delicious! If you haven’t had rice paper bacon before you need to stop what you’re doing now and go make a batch. Seriously, prep ahead the day before to make this meal come together quickly. I also prepped my cheese sauce the day before too. It’s completely optional, but the combination of everything makes for a more flavorful and satisfying meal. Alternatively, you could also sprinkle over nutritional yeast before serving or your favorite shredded vegan cheese.
Be sure to head on over to your local Kroger or Fred Meyer grocery store for all of the ingredients needed. Stock up on Simple Truth shredded hash browns, meatless breakfast patties and you can’t forget the tofu! Simple Truth also has this smoky chipotle hot sauce that pairs amazingly with this, if you’re into adding some heat.
This is the perfect recipe to prepare to share with a loved one or saving the extra serving for the next day. You can reheat in the skillet, oven or microwave if you’re in a pinch.
If you give this recipe a try I would love to hear what you think! Be sure to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
Vegan Breakfast Scramble Bowl For Two
Yield 2 servings
- 2 cups Simple Truth Hash Browns
- 2 Simple Truth Meatless Breakfast Patties
- 1/2 block Simple Truth Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- 4 strips of Rice Paper Bacon
- 1/4 cup Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Ground Turmeric, optional for color
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Avocado slices, to top
- Hot Sauce, optional to taste
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat and cook Simple Truth Meatless Breakfast Patties for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and dice into chunks.
- Now add shredded hash browns to your pan. Cook for 5 minutes, letting them brown on one side without moving.
- Crumble a half block of tofu into a bowl with tomatoes, scallions, meatless sausage and seasonings to taste. Mix well, I added about 1/4 tsp of turmeric for color and black salt for flavor but both are optional.
- Add tofu mixture to your skillet and mix well. Cooking as needed until everything is heated through and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with cheese sauce, avocado slices and hot sauce. I added rice paper bacon on the side and crumbled on top with more scallions. As well as black sesame seeds.
Courses Breakfast, Brunch
PIN IT FOR LATER!
This recipe is sponsored by Kroger Co. all thoughts and opinions are my own.9