Mexican Cilantro Jalapeño Cornbread
- 1 pack Gluten-Free Bob's Red Mill Cornbread Mix
- 3 stalks Green Onion, thick sliced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, lightly packed & chopped
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar, I used Daiya
- 1 Jalapeño, minced
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Corn* I used frozen, organic
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour your mix into a large bowl, add in your corn, applesauce, shredded cheddar, agave, baking soda and finely minced jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gradually add in almond milk till a very thick pancake batter consistency is reached. I didn't measure this step, but you want the batter to be on the thicker side.
- Fold in cilantro and green onion.
- Grease muffin tins and portion 2 heaping tbsp of batter into each. About 2/3s full.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked in the center.
- Serve warm with vegan chili, enjoy.
Can use fresh, frozen or creamed corn.Unused batter will keep in your fridge for 4-5 days.
Courses Comfort Food
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/vegan-bean-chili-mexican-cornbread/