It’s officially football season, which means all I can think about now is the Fall weather and carb heavy recipes. Can you believe I’ve never made twice-baked potatoes before?! I thought it would be fun to mix it up and make everything from scratch for these. You can really get creative, I went with adding a hemp seed sour cream and maple coconut bacon – this combo is insane! And both can be made very quickly.
If you haven’t had coconut bacon, then stop what you’re doing and go make this recipe right now! I swear it’s life changing. I love to use it for salads, soups, pizzas and even sandwiches. It’s such a versatile topping that adds a delicious crunch – without any animals harmed in the process.
Herb Sour Cream
Yield 1 cup
- 1 cup Hemp Seeds
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 5-6 tbsp Water, as needed
- 1/2 tsp Seasoning Blend*
- Salt, to taste
- Measure and blend on medium speed till smooth, if your blender does not have a taper then you may need to add more water to get it blending. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed.
- About 2-3 minutes, adjust water to desired consistency. It will slightly thicken once chilled.
- Transfer to an air-tight container, store in the refrigerator up to 10 days.
I used a mix of herbs, garlic, onion powder & pepper.
Courses Side, Sauce
Cuisine Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free
Twice Baked Potatoes With Herb Sour Cream, Coconut Maple Bacon And Green Onion
Yield 4 servings
- 4 medium Russet Potatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Herb Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Coconut Bacon*, extra to top
- Green Onion, to top
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Rinse your potatoes and lightly scrub as needed to remove any dirt. Pat dry and slice in half, vertically.
- Lay flat side down on a non-stick parchment or silpat-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, flipping half way.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once cool enough, scoop out the center of each potato - make sure not to pierce through the skin or break in half. Add all the baked potato centers into a large bowl.
- Mix in your sour cream and coconut bacon. Mash together till smooth and evenly combined.
- Stuff each potato with the mixed filling and bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with green onions, maple coconut bacon and a dollop of hemp sour cream.
*The only difference I made to the coconut bacon, was adding 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup and black paper to taste. I also used shredded coconut in place of flaked.
Courses Side, Appetizer
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Oil-free