Did you know you can make the best roasted garlic without the use of oil and/or aluminum foil? I feel like every tutorial online tells you to cover your garlic in tons of uneeded oils, salts and then wrap it up in chemically filled foil. Totally don’t need to do that though, there is a much safer method that works just as great and tastes so much cleaner.
Today I’m going to be showing you my way of roasting garlic. It’s incredibly simple, easy to put together and in less than an hour you’ve got the most flavor-rich, antioxidant-filled goodness that’s perfect for spreading on just about everything. Fresh bread, veggies, or you can mix it in salads, top pizzas and even eat it as is. Which I’m totally guilty of.
The Perfect Oil-Free Roasted Garlic
Yield 1 pint
All the flavor without the added fat. The cleanest way to roast garlic, completely foil-free.
- 6-8 Whole Garlic Bulbs
- Unbleached Parchment Paper
- Remove any loose outside layers.
- Cut the tops off exposing each bulb.
- Lay face-down on an unbleached parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Begin peeling each clove slowly, starting with the outer layers and working your way inward.
- Add them to a pint-sized mason jar and seal, these will keep fresh in the fridge for a week.
- Serve spread on bread, mixed in sauces or topped on your favorite meals.
Perfect to prep ahead in bulk for meals throughout the week.
Courses Side, Topping
Cuisine Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free