Burgers are on my mind all day, every day. So I’ve teamed up with Simple Truth to show you how to kick-up that veggie burger and take it to a whole new level! By far one of my absolute favorite meatless burgers on the market today, you can find these exclusively at Fred Meyer & Kroger. The taste and texture are incredible, very flavorful on their own but I like to add extras because the more the merrier, right? I’m going to share three different combinations to help inspire you to upgrade your next veggie burger. With a little creativity you can truly elevate any meal.
Starting with my personal favorite, The Sweet & Salty Burger.
Loaded up with a broiled Simple Truth Meatless Patty, homemade garlic pickled red onions (recipe soon!), a few strips of smoky oil-free rice paper bacon, avocado slices and a sweet mustard sauce that’s made up of 3 part mustard to 1 part maple syrup. This combo is the perfect amount of sweet, salty, crispy and oh so flavorful – you might need to make extras because you won’t be able to eat just one, trust me. Did you know you can also give that boring burger bun an upgrade too? I recommend preheating your oven to 400 F. Take the top bun and apply a thin layer of aquafaba aka the liquid left in a can of chickpeas. This will act as a “glue” or faux “egg wash” to help adhere any extras, such as sesame seeds. You could also do a mix of seeds and herbs of your choosing. Bake until slightly crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
The second combo, The Smoky BBQ Burger, consists of; a broiled Simple Truth Meatless Patty, topped with kale slaw, a sliced grilled peach and drizzle of Simple Truth BBQ Sauce. Taking a classic and making it unique with that added sweetness from the peach. You can use white or yellow peaches, white tend to be sweeter but yellow are usually more easily assessable.
The third and final combo is a take on your standard option. The Classic Veggie, made up of a broiled Simple Truth Meatless Patty, topped with grilled zucchini and yellow onions, tomato, lettuce, ketchup and mustard. Adding a grilled element takes the flavor to a new level. If you haven’t had a veggie burger with grilled toppings, you simply must as soon as possible!
The Sweet & Salty Vegan Burger
Yield 2 servings
Taking a Simple Truth Meatless Patty and making it into a burger you're sure to love. Sharing three simple combos you can make using your favorite veggie burger of choice.
- 2 Simple Truth Meatless Patties
- 2 Burger Buns of choice, toasted
- 4 Strips of Smoky Rice Paper Bacon
- 1 Ripe Avocado, cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup Pickled Red Onions
- 3 tbsp Simple Truth Mustard
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Prep ahead by making a batch of Smoky Rice Paper Bacon beforehand or make a batch and bake it with the burgers.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and add your Simple Truth Meatless Patties, frozen. Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- During the last few minutes of the burgers cooking, add your burger buns to toast alongside them.
- While those are finishing, mix together your mustard and maple syrup to make the sweet/tangy sauce.
- Serve hot, assembled with the base bun topped with a veggie burger, pickled red onions, two slices of rice paper bacon snapped in half, a few avocado slices and a drizzle of the sweet mustard. Enjoy!
Courses Entree, Dinner
Cuisine Vegan, Kid-Friendly, Dairy-Free
This recipe was sponsored by Simple Truth and is free from 101 artificial preservatives and additives most commonly used. Available exclusively at the Kroger® Co. Family of Stores.0