Sweet Potato Chickpea Hash
Yield 4 servings
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes (about 4-5 cups)
- 1 can Simple Truth Chickpeas (15 ounces)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1/8 cup Green Onion, diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cooked diced onion over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and cook until almost tender. About 10-12 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed chickpeas, thyme and give it a good mix. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender and slightly crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm topped with fresh green onion. Or if you're like me, you forget that step on accident - oops!
Courses Breakfast, Side
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Oil-free
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Sodium 367 mg
Total Carbohydrates 48 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 8 g
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/sweet-potato-chickpea-hash/