Superfood Hibiscus Green Tea Refreshers
- 5 bags Vitacost Strawberry Hibiscus Green Tea
- 3 tbsp Black Chia Seeds, optional
- 4 cups Water
- Stevia, to taste (any sweetener)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Mint, to garnish
- Lemon Wedge, to garnish
- Bring water to a boil and steep tea bags for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before chilling.
- Transfer to a quart mason jar and add sweetener to taste. I used about 1/2 tsp of liquid stevia or 2-3 packets of powdered stevia.
- Add chia seeds and seal jar tightly. Begin to shake for about 30 seconds.
- Let chill for 2 hours, give it a shake after a few minutes to break up any chia seed clumps. They will settle to the bottom as they expand.
- Pour blueberries into an ice cube mold and fill to the top with lemon juice.
- Let freeze until solid, about 2-3 hours.
- Depending on the size of your ice cubes and your tastebuds, add 1-2 cubes per glass and pour over the chilled chia green tea.
- Top off with fresh mint to garnish.
Prep overnight to serve the next day. The tea will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Courses Breakfast, Beverage
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/superfood-hibiscus-green-tea-refreshers/