Spicy Chickpea Nacho Cheeze Sauce
Yield 2 cups
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans, + water
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 cup diced Roasted Red Bell Pepper
- 1/8 cup diced Green Chilies
- 3 tbsp minced Jalapeños
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, adjust to heat preference
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp ground Turmeric
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Measure and blend everything in a high-speed blender or food processor till smooth, about 60 seconds.
- Add more water as needed for your desired consistency.
- Serve warm or cold with tortilla chips, drizzled over tacos or even as a dip for veggies!
- I went ahead and made nachos, topping tortilla rounds with quinoa, black beans, diced red peppers, jalapeños, spicy chickpea nacho cheese sauce and cashew sour cream.
- This will keep for up to 5 days in an air-tight container, stored in the refrigerator.
You can fold in the diced green chilies and roasted bell pepper if you want chunks of it throughout the sauce. I like to just blend it all together for simplicity.
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/spicy-chickpea-nacho-cheese-sauce/