Skillet Banana Cake
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 4 ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk, tutorial here
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- Agave or Maple Syrup, to top
- Crushed Walnuts, to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth, this will create a very thick batter.
- Spoon mixture into a well seasoned cast iron skillet that has been greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, test the center to make sure it's cooked through. The top will be fluffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with crushed walnuts.
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/skillet-banana-cake/