Super dense, sweet and easy to make banana cake – if you’re not a fan of dense baked goods then you might want to refrain from this recipe. If you’re looking for something that’s light and fluffy – check out my oil-free banana muffins instead!
The cool thing about this cake is you can blend it up, so measure and mix. It’s pretty quick to throw together with minimal mess. Feel free to mix by hand though.
Skillet Banana Cake
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 4 ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk, tutorial here
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- Agave or Maple Syrup, to top
- Crushed Walnuts, to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth, this will create a very thick batter.
- Spoon mixture into a well seasoned cast iron skillet that has been greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, test the center to make sure it's cooked through. The top will be fluffy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with crushed walnuts.