I’m feeling the fall vibes this week. Despite the weather being way too hot, I’m focusing on the bigger picture – knowing cooler days are coming soon. So even though it might not be cool enough for soup, I know it’s much colder everywhere else and I can’t deny you all of this recipe.
Topped off with my Oil-Free Kale Pesto and some toasted sunflower seeds. The base is a simple combo of coconut milk, for extra creaminess, russet potatoes and white beans. Adding fresh rosemary for more flavor – is anyone else obsessed with fresh herbs this time of year? You’ll definitely see more of them in upcoming recipes. I have an amazing one-pan meal on the list for early next month that will surely blow you away! But for now I’m carb obsessed and dreaming about decorating for Christmas already. Don’t judge me. I’ve actually been diffusing a blend of pine needle, sweet orange, clove and cinnamon essential oils together and my home feels cozier than ever! I love this time of year!
What recipes do you want to see on the blog next? I have a few fall-themed posts coming soon and a very special Christmas cookie that’s a traditional German sweet I veganized from my mother. Keeping with that theme, if people are interested in more soup recipes, I want to veganize another German recipe that’s been in my family for years. Let me know how that sounds! Next week you can expect my peanut butter caramel dipped apples and then Thanksgiving content to plan out your vegan Thanksliving feast. Complete with a shopping list and all the recipes, which would be perfect for those of you having your very first vegan Thanksgiving.
Rosemary White Bean & Potato Soup
Yield 6 cups
- 3 cups Russet Potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 cups White Beans, cooked
- 1/2 tbsp Rosemary, dried or fresh
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Non-dairy Milk
- 1/2-1 cup Water, reserved from potatoes
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Shallot, diced
- 1 Vegan Chicken Bouillon Cube, optional
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Toasted Sunflower Seeds, to top
- Oil-Free Kale Pesto, to top
- Wash and dice potatoes. Add to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, cool until tender. About 12 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup of the water afterwards.
- In a medium skillet, cook onions and shallot over medium heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Measure and pour everything into a high-speed blender and pulse until smooth. Adding liquid as needed until desired consistency is reach. Alternatively, you can blend half of the white beans and reserve half to mix in after blending or a combination of half beans and potatoes blended leaving the other half left as is. I prefer to do half & half for texture and creaminess.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot, topped with kale pesto and chopped toasted sunflower seeds (optional).
Store extras in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Courses Entree, Side
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Oil-free
Serving Size 2 cups
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Sodium 838 mg
Total Carbohydrates 56 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 12 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.