Whizzing up a pancake batter in minutes, you can make a super quick and easy breakfast, brunch or brinner for the entire family. Using only a handful of simple ingredients, with or without gluten, oil and dairy. Feel free to adjust these ingredients to your needs – let me know what combination works for you if you modify it.
How do these get better? Adding all the goodies and topping of course. Chocolate chips and peanut butter drizzles or even fresh strawberries with cashew cream for a strawberry shortcake style stack. Pancakes are a true comfort food. Dating back to my childhood, I’ve devoured these since I could walk. When I was around 10, my dad would let me flip them – so gratifying! Pancakes have been apart of every homemade breakfast growing up and while I’ve adjusted the ingredients, I promise they’re still incredible delicious, fluffy and satisfying. Who knew gluten-free and vegan could taste so good? Not me.
Give these a try next time you’re looking to indulge a little. I love to top my pancakes with a maple blueberry and chia blend and all the bonus superfoods, like raw pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes. The combinations are vast and I would love to see how you top these. If you’re short on time, make a batch ahead and freeze for later. I like to reheat them in the oven at 325 F until warm throughout, about 6-8 minutes. Time may vary.
(note to self: don’t attempt to photograph half frozen pancakes to save time, I promise they taste way better then they look!)
5 Minute Gluten-Free Vegan Pancakes [Using A Blender]
Yield 1 -2
A better way to enjoy a classic, minus the gluten, oil and dairy. Perfect for prepping ahead and freezing for later!
- 1/2 cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 4 oz. Apple Sauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Sugar, I used Coconut (optional, adjust to taste)
- Heat your non-stick pan to medium.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, per side. The key is to have a very clean pan, preheat it while you're blending the batter and use a metal spatula. I like to lightly tap the pan and help flatten the batter for an even cooking.
- Repeat until all batter is used. Batter will yield 3 large, 4 medium or 6 small pancakes.
- Serve warm, topped with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Freeze extras for up to two months. Reheat in the oven at 325 for 6-8 minutes, or until warm throughout.
Courses Breakfast, Entree, Brinner
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Kid-friendly
Serving Size 2 medium pancakes
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Sodium 203 mg
Total Carbohydrates 65 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 18 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.