In an effort to help those of you with busy schedules, it’s been highly requested I share more one-pot meals. Ones that can be made in less than 30 minutes and require only a handful of simple ingredients. In the past I shared a one-pot creamy mushroom alfredo pasta. It was a huge hit! So I’m kicking it old school with a healthy spin on the classic spaghetti and meatballs.
Opting out of using tradition meat, we’re instead making a black bean and rolled oat based “meatball”. I promise it’s full of flavor and very filling. You can actually make these ahead of time and keep them in the freezer for later use. Which is great for those of you that meal prep. You can double or triple the recipe to keep them on hand for throwing together a quick dinner anytime.
My personal favorite dinner – pasta. It’s shelf stable, waiting for you whenever you need it most. You can literally add in whatever veggies you have leftover and create a sauce from scratch or throw in canned tomatoes. You will never see my pantry without a jar of tomato sauce and 2-3 bags/boxes of dried pasta. It’s that perfect meal you can always count on when you’re not really feeling like cooking up a storm and you can make it as basic or dressed up as you would like. What’s not to love?!
If you’re interested in picking up all the needed ingredients to make this super simple one-pot pasta, head on over to Vitacost.com and use my referral link to save $5 off your first order of $30 or more – I also get $5 to save too! Which is greatly appreciated.
What are some of your favorite quick and easy go-to meals? I also have a one-sheet meal for these cauliflower steaks with roasted root veggies. If you give either of these a try I would love to see your recreations! Please feel free to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @PlantPhilosophy using the hashtag #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss your post.
One Pot Spaghetti & Vegan "Meatballs"
Yield 3-4 Servings
- 1 pound Vitacost Gluten-Free Spaghetti (16 oz.)
- 1 jar Vitacost Italian Herb Pasta Sauce (26 oz.)
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- Fresh Basil, to garnish (optional)
Black Bean "Meatballs"
Yields 12 (1 inch scoops)
- In a food processor, combine beanball ingredients and pulse until evenly mixed.
- Portion into 1 inch bites and roll.Bring a large skillet to medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in all your spaghetti ingredients (breaking noodles in half) and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cooking pasta until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Time may vary depending on pasta. Taste after 8 minutes and every 1-2 minutes afterwards. Give it a good stir after reducing heat to avoid sticking.
- Add in the beanballs and turn the heat off.
- Serve topped with fresh basil, as desired.
Courses Entree, Dinner
Cuisine Italian, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Kid-Friendly
Serving Size 3 beanballs/4 oz. pasta
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8 g
Sodium 1305 mg
Total Carbohydrates 140 g
Dietary Fiber 18 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 21 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.