I’m living for the no-bake treats right now. Summer time is hot enough without having to blast the oven for baked desserts. But now you can make a cake like sweet without any cooking and sit down to eat it in less than 30 minutes start to finish!
A word of caution though, these taste very similar to samoa Girl Scout cookies. Meaning they’re super addictive, so pace yourself. You could also get really crazy and add my almond butter caramel on top which would elevate these to a whole new level of amazing. Granted they’re sweet enough as is. If you decide to go that route reduce the coconut sugar by half.
The dates and coconut give this bar the bulk of it’s natural sweetness. However, coconut sugar helps round it out and make it more indulgent and caramel tasting. If you’re not a fan of coconut sugar, substitute about half as much in a liquid sweetener or sweeten to taste with stevia or monk fruit. It’s definitely adaptable, so taste as you mix to find the right level of sweetness for you.
If you’re wanting to stock up on all the ingredients, check out Vitacost. Literally everything can be found there for a fraction of the price. I’ll have everything linked below in the recipe. Be sure to let me know if you give this recipe a try. I would love to hear what you think! Feel free to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars
Yield 16 servings
- 2 cups Vitacost Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Vitacost Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Vitacost Coconut Sugar
- 10-12 pitted Medjool Dates, (1 ¼ cups)
- 16 oz. Vitacost Almond Butter
- ⅓ cup Vitacost Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ cup Water, to blend
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Carefully inspect and remove the pit from your dates.
- Measure and pour oats, coconut flour, sugar and salt into a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add in the dates, almond butter, desiccated coconut, vanilla and water as needed. Pulsing until a smooth dough forms. It should stick together easily when pressed on.
- Transfer to a parchment lined 8x8 dish and press firmly down until even.
- Let chill to firm in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before slicing into 16 squares.
- Melt about 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chunks with a tsp of coconut oil (optional) and drizzle over each bar.
- Top each bar with a sprinkle of crushed almonds, more desiccated coconut and a sprinkle of flaked salt (optional).
- Serve chilled, enjoy with a fork or your hands!