I can assure you this is no joke – raw vegan carrot cake bites are a thing. Topped with a cashew cream cheese frosting and fresh nutmeg. The fastest way to cake-like bites without any baking required! Made in as little as 30 minutes, only requiring a food processor.
Completely refined sugar-free you can feel good sharing these with loved ones. A dessert/snack that’s pretty much perfect all year-round. Easily modifiable to set as an actual carrot cake if you use my raw crust as the base and double the recipe below for the filling. You’ll have extra frosting when making the bites, but the perfect amount if you’re making a raw cake.
I love to use carrot pulp leftover from juicing to make these. However shredded carrots work great too. A few other possible substitutions include walnuts in place of pecans and raisins in place of dates. The coconut coating is completely optional, but highly recommended. You can also use more pecans ground up to coat in if you’re not a fan of coconut.
You’ll notice there is a bit of oil in the frosting. I don’t usually call for oil in my recipes, but it’s vital for the right taste and texture. It also allows the frosting to firm up when chilled. You can of course omit it, but your frosting won’t set up as well so keep that in mind. You could also dunk each bite into the frosting and then roll in a coating of choice if you want to use up everything in one go.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try. I would love to hear what you think! Be sure to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
No-Bake Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Bites
Yield 16 1 inch bites
- 1 cup shredded Carrots or Pulp*
- ½ cup pitted Dates, softened
- 1 cup Vitacost Rolled Oats, floured (yields 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup Raw Pecans*
- 1 ½ tsp ground Vitacost Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vitacost Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp ground Vitacost Ginger
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Vitacost Desiccated Coconut, to coat
- 2 tbsp Vitacost Coconut Flour, to coat
Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add rolled oats to a food processor and pulse until a flour like texture is achieved.
- Add pecans and pulse until small chunks form. You can leave some larger chunks.
- Add in softened dates and pulse until they break down into small pieces.
- Now add in the carrot pulp, vanilla and seasonings. Pulse until evenly combined and smooth in texture.
- Once you've reached the texture you're happy with, give it a taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Some might prefer more cinnamon, ginger or vanilla.
- Scoop into 1 inch portions and roll each bite in shredded coconut + coconut flour.
- Measure and blend frosting ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle each bite with cashew frosting and store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serve chilled, enjoy!
Store in an air-tight container for up to a week in the fridge.
You can use shredded carrots as well and/or replace pecans with walnuts.
Courses Dessert, Snack