Oddly enough, I started testing this recipe as a cream pie but I wanted to share a raw crust recipe and without the coconut cream topping, it made no sense. Also, peanut butter + coconut milk creates a velvety smooth texture and doesn’t freeze completely solid, which I learned all about when making ice cream. After 4 hours in the freezer it became the perfect consistency, much like the classic cheesecake I remember loving not too long ago. This has been the closest to that texture I’ve ever made before. After tweaking the recipe I knew I couldn’t follow through with a traditional pie, so I’m sharing a cheesecake that’s out of this world delicious!
If you would like to make this into a traditional cream pie, follow along my pumpkin cream pie recipe using this recipes filling ingredients. You can add cacao to that gluten-free crust and top it off with coconut whipped cream and you’re set!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bites
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker's No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes
- 2/3 cup Simple Truth Roasted Peanuts*, salted
- 1 cup Simple Truth Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter, thick
- 1/3 cup Cashews, raw (soaked as needed)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup, adjust to taste
- 1/8 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder, optional
- 8 oz. Dates, pitted
- 2 cups Simple Truth Almond Meal/Flour*
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder* (optional)
- Roasted Peanuts, crushed
- Melted Chocolate*
- Start by pitting your dates and soaking them in warm water if they're very firm. About 5-10 minutes is enough.
- Transfer to a large bowl with your almond meal. Using a wooden spoon, mash together everything until evenly combined. Add more almond meal if its not firm enough. You can also use a food processor for this step.
- Evenly divide the crust dough into 12 cupcake cups, pressing to spread it out up the sides. I recommend a silicon mold so they don't stick or adding a couple strips of parchment paper to pop them out later.
- Let these chill in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Combine all your filling ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth. Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Fill each mold to the top of the crust edge. Cover with parchment and chill in the freezer for at least 2 hours, overnight is best. After 4-5 hours they will be the perfect cheesecake-like consistency.
- Remove from the freezer and serve with crushed peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate on top (optional).
- These will thaw out quickly, keep them in the freezer and serve as needed only.
*For a raw topping option, try a combo of 2 tbsp melted coconut oil + 1 tbsp cacao or carob powder. It creates a "magic shell" when you pour it over a frozen/cold dessert!
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Oil-free, Kid-friendly
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Sodium 81 mg
Total Carbohydrates 42 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 31 g
Protein 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.