This recipe is sponsored by Vitacost.com
Today is my birthday! In celebration of turning 29 I wanted to make some birthday cake bites. They’re no-bake, gluten-free and super wholesome. The main ingredients are oats and garbanzo beans. Before I lose you, I promise the beans go unnoticed in combination with everything else. Don’t knock it until you try it. I was inspired to make these bites after seeing my dear friend, Ann from Plant Crush make these super cute Unicorn Cake Truffles! If you don’t already follow her pages you totally should.
I’m excited to bring you this recipe thanks to Vitacost.com. My go-to supplier of pretty much all my pantry staples and favorite vegan items, from snacks to beauty products. I’ve been a customer of theirs for over 5 years now – which is also totally worth celebrating. You can find all of the needed ingredients for this recipe linked below.
For more recipes like this, search the site for no-bake treats and enjoy! Please let me know if you give this recipe a try, I would love to hear what you think! Be sure to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
No-Bake Birthday Cake Bites
Yield 22 servings
- Measure and pulse quick oats and coconut in a food processor to create a fine flour. Add in chickpeas, syrup and vanilla. Pulse until a smooth dough has come together. If you’re not sure your food processor can handle the dough, start by pulsing all of the dry ingredients until smooth. Empty and pulse the wet ingredients until smooth. Then add everything together to create a dough.
- If it sticks to your fingers it’s too sticky, add more oats, taste again and adjust the sweetness as desired.
- Transfer dough to a piece of parchment paper. Knead in the sprinkles until evenly distributed.
- Portion dough into 1 tbsp bites, roll between your hands to smooth.
- Drizzle with frosting and top with additional sprinkles, optional.
- Transfer to a plate to chill 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve chilled, store extras in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight before serving Make frosting fresh and serve upon consuming. Frosting will firm up once chilled.