Sharing a quick and easy recipe for all my non-drinkers out there. While everyone is guzzling down green beers tomorrow, you can drink some iced matcha green tea or take green shots – like me!
Just a funny way to take part in this holiday, in a completely healthy way. Hunter agrees, we had a great time making/drinking these (he didn’t actually drink any of this…).
Matcha Green Tea Shots
Yield 4 cups
- Steep your green tea bags in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour a couple tablespoons worth into a small bowl and whisk together with spirulina, matcha and sweetener of choice.
- Pour back into your tea and shaking to evenly combine.
- Let cool to room temperature, store in the fridge to chill.
- Serve cold in shot glasses.
You can drink it hot, over ice or chilled.This is also a awesome drink for breakfast, I like to add lemon and chia seeds.
Wishing you all a Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Stay save, have fun and make sure you wear green!1