Oh baby! Have you noticed a theme with my posts lately?… SWEETS! If you haven’t guessed it, I have quite the sweet tooth – I actually have a whole mouth full of them!
These fun pops are seriously good, like “I can eat the whole batch with no shame” kinda good haha. I use to love eating the classic vanilla ice cream w/ chocolate shell pops and I’m here to let you know that these are just as good, if not a million times better! There’s something just perfect about frozen bananas that slightly come to a room temperature. It’s sweet, it’s creamy and I wouldn’t ever go back to regular ice cream after eating these – but that’s just my opinion. Okay I’m rambling now, let’s get to the recipe! Then go make some!
Superfood Banana Pops
- 3 Bananas, halved & frozen
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- Superfoods to top
- Peel and cut your bananas in half. Carefully add a stick and freeze on parchment for a few hours or overnight.
- In a small mug or bowl, melt your coconut oil and mix in the cacao powder till fully combined. Mix in your maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional).
- The next step takes some quick hands, you want to dip and coat each banana pop as quickly and evenly as possibly - while coating them before the mixture hardens into a shell. So setting out your toppings ahead of time is vital for them to stick properly. Cover with your favorite superfoods, you can go crazy with combos!
I used cacao and mesquite powder, goji berries, hemp seeds and mulberries.These are always amazing with an almond butter drizzle or cashew cream coating.
Cuisine Gluten-free, Kid-friendly, Vegan