Are you tired of hearing about pumpkin and pumpkin spice yet?!… I’M NOT!
Sorry, I get REALLY excited this time of year. I mean, it’s gorgeous outside, Fall is here and all I want to do is sip pumpkin spice lattes and cuddle with my kitty boys while binge watching shows on Netflix. That’s all I really want in life, lets be honest (I’m a simple girl). So if you’re not totally sick of me talking about pumpkin, fantastic! I have like 10 more recipes using it, soon to come.
The first time I made these, I ate the entire batch… by myself… in one sitting. No shame. They taste like doughnut holes, I swear! If you pulse the oats till completely smooth, they aren’t gritty tasting. Instead they’re light, airy almost and so incredibly divine!
I recommend holding off and letting these rest overnight. That way the flavor can really marinate and taste even more amazing the next morning. So these would be a perfect option for those of you prepping ahead meals for work or children. You can eat these for breakfast and it’s like spoon-free oatmeal!
Hope you all enjoy this one! If you decide to give it a go or you make some modifications, I would love to see a photo! Tag/hashtag me @PlantStrongVegan on Instagram or @PlantStrongVeg on Twitter <3
Also, if you need to get some of these ingredients or have any question as to what I used specifically – I linked each ingredient for exactly what I used in this.
I highly recommend ordering from Vitacost if you’re missing anything and if you use this link you can save $10, after signing up, towards a $30 order (which also helps me out because I get to save $10 too!)
Pumpkin Spice Bliss Bites
- 1 cup Oat Flour, rolled oats pulsed till smooth
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Purée, homemade (tutorial here)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp Protein Powder, optional (I like this and this kind best)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, all spice mixture)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder, can sub for 1 tsp extract
- Ground Cinnamon, to coat
- Desiccated Coconut, to coat
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse oats till a fine powder is made.
- Pour your oat flour into a medium bowl, mix together with the dry ingredients (protein powder, vanilla bean powder & spices).
- Fold in your wet ingredients, use your hands if needed to combine evenly.
- The “batter” should be firm, with just enough moisture for something to adhere to the outside.
- Evenly break into bite-sized pieces, about a 1 inch scoop worth.
- Roll till smooth, coating in shredded coconut and cinnamon as desired.
You can also coat these in cacao powder, dark chocolate, walnuts, whatever you’d like! Have fun with different flavor and texture combinations! (my personal favorite is coconut + pumpkin spice + cacao)Keep these stored in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze extras if you make a bulk batch.