Vanilla Cashew Cream Filling
Yield 2 cups
- 2 cups Raw Cashews, soaked overnight
- Non-Dairy Milk, to blend (about 1-2 cups, depending on consistency)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder, can sub vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 cup Organic Powdered Sugar, depending on consistency and taste
- Drain and rinse the cashews you soaked overnight.
- Pour them into a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse for about a minute, to get it going.
- Add in your vanilla, non-dairy milk and blend till completely smooth.
- Now you can stop here if you'd like, with a thick cashew cream. Adding a sweetener of choice to taste. I decided to whip the cashew cream with powdered sugar for a lighter and brighter consistency.
- Transfer the cream to a mixing bowl, adding a tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time till your desired sweetness and consistency is reached.
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/lets-eat-pumpkin-oatmeal-creme-pies/