Plant Strong Vegan Vegetable Soup
Yield 4 quarts
- 4 cups Garbanzo Beans, cooked
- 3 cups Red Lentils, dried
- 2 cups Green Split Peas, dried
- 10 cups Vegetable Stock, or Water
- 4 Carrots, 1/4 inch rounds
- 3 Celery stalks, diced
- 3 Tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds, ground
- Pink Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Basil, dried
- 1/2 tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Wash and prep all your veggies by cutting to size.
- Heat a large pot (6-8 quart capacity recommended) to medium heat.
- Add in your oil, garlic and onion. Let those brown for 1-2 minutes, stir to avoid burning.
- Slowly add in all your veggies, lentils and beans, then top it off with vegetable stock (or water).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until everything is tender. Stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro, tomato slices and cracked black pepper, to your desired taste.
Feel free to blend half the batch for a smoother/creamier texture, completely optional though.
Courses Entree, Meal Prep
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Kid-friendly
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/lets-eat-plant-strong-soup/