Keeping with the theme of carrot and orange (best combo ever) I wanted to share a recipe for these delicious cupcakes! I’m truly in love with carrot cake and orange zest, so I wanted to attempt a mixture of both that was not only complimentary but simple enough for anyone to make. I added the cashew cream as a test and ended up loving it altogether so much! I really think the hint of maple tops it all off, literally… I hope you all enjoy this one!
Orange Carrot Cupcakes
- 3 cups Carrot pulp (finely shredded carrot is fine)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Sugar (Coconut sugar works great too!)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Orange zest
- 3 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line or grease 24 cupcake tins.
- In a medium bowl, combine all your wet ingredients and mix till incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine all your dry ingredients, mix the two together till fully combined. Fold in your carrots.
- Fill each tin about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until cooked in the center and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before frosting.
These will keep in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature to 1-2 months in the freezer.
Vanilla Maple Cashew Creme Frosting
Yield 2 cups
- 2 cups Cashews (soaked overnight 6+ hours)
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder (or extract)
- Combine all ingredients and blend till smooth in a high-speed blender or food processor for about 2-3 minutes total.
- Dollop and spread onto each cupcake, then finish off with fresh orange zest and peel for added flavor and decoration, enjoy!
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers in an airtight container to ensure freshness.