I’m always trying to find ways to indulge in what I love but keep it lower in fat and calories. So I created this incredibly delicious recipe for oil-free banana muffins that is so dense and sweet you’ll eat the whole batch! No seriously, you will… Make sure you bake a double batch and freeze the leftovers for later.
These can be made gluten-free and refined sugar-free, just replace the flour and sugar with any replacement that fits your dietary needs best. I have made these with rice flour and coconut sugar, which results in a richer/caramel-like flavor that’s out of this world!
Also, you can find this recipe and many more included in my free “$25 Week Meal Plan“, this recipe is so affordable and freezes very well.
Oil-Free Banana Muffins
- 3 very ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 cups Flour, can substitute a gluten-free flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar, I used coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Plant Milk, I used almond
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt & cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mash-up your 3 super ripe bananas with a fork, then whisk in the almond milk & vanilla extract if using.
- Fold the wet with the dry and mix till full incorporated. You can use a mixer, but I just used a fork and it works perfectly.
- Since we're not using oil in this recipe you'll need to line your cupcake/muffin pans with liners.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, measure out two rounded scoops of batter per cup/liner.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the middle.
Top with a dollop of peanut butter and some banana slices for even more flavor!
Courses Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
Cuisine Vegan, Oil-free, Kid-friendly
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.