I’ve always wanted to do a variation of this that’s raw. I really love the taste of these, not too sweet but you can individually taste each ingredient in them. They take a bit of prepping ahead, but it’s totally worth it!
Double Stuffed Sandwich Cookies
- Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup Unpasteurized Almonds (soaked 6+ hours - overnight)
- 2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Black Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Yacon Root Powder
- 1/4 tsp Mesquite Powder
- Cashew "Creme" Filling:
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked 6+ hours - overnight)
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tbsp Coconut (shredded)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (or 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder)
- In a food processor, combine all your cookie dough ingredients and pulse till somewhat smooth/completely mixed together. You want a dough that sticks together but isn't too moist, so add your water as needed. Set your dough mixture aside to rest.
- In the same food processor, combine all your cashew creme filling ingredients. Pulse till smooth and set aside as well.
- Now you're ready to assemble your sandwich cookies. Portion out equal amounts of cookie dough and lightly flatten it out. You want it to be thin, but still thick enough to hold up on its own. Add in about double the thickness of the dough, in cashew creme filling. Top off with another cookie. Repeat till all your dough and cream filling is used up.
- Serve chilled or frozen, enjoy!
These can be stored in an airtight container or frozen for longevity (frozen turns these into simple ice cream sandwiches).
Cuisine Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw