Quick & Easy Cranberry Chia Jam
Yield 1 pint
- 12 oz. Fresh Cranberries (1 bag)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3-4 tbsp Chia Seeds
- In a small/medium pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Rinse and drains your cranberries and carefully add them to your pot.
- Bring back to a boil for about 10 minutes. Stirring carefully.
- Turn off the heat and let simmer until slightly cooled.
- Pour in a strainer and push with a wooden spoon. You can skip this step if you want chunky jam.
- Feel free to add in some of the mashed cranberries if you'd like. I prefer to blend everything together until smooth.
- Mix in your chia seeds and transfer to a mason jar while warm, it will seal itself.
- Place in an ice bath to drop the heat quickly and store in the fridge.
Smear on toast, pancakes or use as a filling for desserts! Will keep for at least 2 weeks.
Courses Breakfast, Spread
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Kid-friendly
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/lets-eat-cranberry-chia-jam/