Such a simple and easy way to not only efficiently make your own jam but incorporate more superfoods into your diet overall. You can do virtually any fruit combination your heart desires. You can also change the amount of chia seeds to your desired consistency. It’s totally foolproof and delicious every time!
Quick & Easy Cranberry Chia Jam
Yield 1 pint
- 12 oz. Fresh Cranberries (1 bag)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3-4 tbsp Chia Seeds
- In a small/medium pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Rinse and drains your cranberries and carefully add them to your pot.
- Bring back to a boil for about 10 minutes. Stirring carefully.
- Turn off the heat and let simmer until slightly cooled.
- Pour in a strainer and push with a wooden spoon. You can skip this step if you want chunky jam.
- Feel free to add in some of the mashed cranberries if you'd like. I prefer to blend everything together until smooth.
- Mix in your chia seeds and transfer to a mason jar while warm, it will seal itself.
- Place in an ice bath to drop the heat quickly and store in the fridge.
Smear on toast, pancakes or use as a filling for desserts! Will keep for at least 2 weeks.
Courses Breakfast, Spread
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Kid-friendly
I also have a fully raw version of this recipe if anyone is interested. You just soak the chia seeds in a little water, till they fully absorb it and blend it altogether with your fruit(s) of choice.0