- 6-8 cups Filtered Water
- 1/2 cup Purple Corn Powder
- Skin of one Pineapple, throughly washed
- 2/3 cups Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tbsp Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Lime slices & pineapple chunks, to garnish
- Prep your pineapple by throughly washing and gently scrubbing it clean.
- Remove the top and bottom of your pineapple and remove the skin in thick slices.
- Add everything into a medium/large pot (minus the sugar and lime). Bring to a boil, whisking everything together frequently.
- Reduce the heat to a medium-low simmer for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain everything. Pour your liquid back into the original pot and whisk in your coconut sugar and the juice of one lime.
- Let the liquid cool to room temperature, then store in the fridge to cool completely.
Serve cold, over ice. You can also add cubed up pineapple and fresh lime slices.
Courses Beverage, Drink
Cuisine Peruvian, Gluten-free, Vegan
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/lets-drink-chicha-morada/