If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer for your next family get-together, then look no further! This cashew cheese ball takes minutes to make and requires less than 10 ingredients total – I know. It’s kind of amazing.
I recently made this for my mom’s annual Christmas party/jewelry show and everyone seemed to really enjoy. They had no idea it was vegan! It pairs perfectly with sweet and savory. I put it on a platter with brown rice seaweed crackers and black mission figs. Seriously, so delicious. I cannot wait to make this again!
The combinations are endless for the outside coating. You could try dried cherries + pecans or dried apples + walnuts. I think this would be incredible served with my cranberry chia jam too.
If you happen to give it a try, snap a photo and send it to me. I LOVE seeing all of your recreations, it seriously makes my day!
Lemon Cranberry & Pistachio Cashew Cheese Ball
Yield 2 small, 1 large
The perfect addition to any holiday party spread! Serve with fresh veggie sticks, figs and brown rice crackers.
- Prep ahead by soaking your raw cashews in water, overnight is best but 2-4 hours is sufficient enough.
- Measure and add everything into a food processor (minus the cranberries & pistachios), pulsing until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Scoop mixture into the center of plastic wrap and twist to form a ball. Chill for 1-2 hours. You can divide the cashew cheese into two for smaller portions.
- Remove from the fridge and roll in a mixture of dried cranberries and crushed pistachios, until completely covered.
- Cover again with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Will keep for up to 7-10 days, wrapped and refrigerated.
Courses Appetizer, Spread, Side
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Soy-free
Serving Size 2 tbsp
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Sodium 12 mg
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.