Are you starting to dig all these corny Packer themed recipe titles yet?… Well, I thought it would be fun to change it up on here! Today I’m sharing a super simple slider that’s quite guilt-free. I switched out the classic slider bun for greens, and I’m sure you’re thinking “wow, she’s crazy” but hear me out!
It’s smart to cut out unneeded processed foods when you can. I wanted to make my game day recipe roundup slightly healthier than the typical party foods – all the while still being incredibly delicious! Hopefully you’ll appreciate that substitution, but feel free to use bread if you’d like. I just went for a lighter option to compliment yesterday’s loaded nachos. Tomorrow’s recipe is even heavier, so all in moderation. They do balance each other out, I think.
Lambeau Leaping BBQ Tofu Sliders
Yield 8 servings
- 1 pack Super Firm Tofu, square cut
- BBQ Sauce, recipe here
- 8 Tomato slices
- Broccoli Slaw
- Vegan Mayo, as needed
- Coconut Oil, optional
- Start by cutting your tofu into equal squares. I cut mine into quarters and then halved the thickness of each one. So a typical pack of tofu made 8 tofu squares.
- Marinate your tofu in your preferred bbq sauce of choice for about an hour. Overnight is best, but no worries if you’re crunched for time. You can just top it with extra afterwards.
- You can either bake your tofu squares in the oven at 425 degrees F, for 30 minutes - flipped halfway OR you can fry them. Really any method you prefer, I had oil ready so I just fried them in organic coconut oil. About 4-5 minutes on each side, over a medium high heat.
- Transfer those to a paper towel lined plate, if you fried them and let them cool.
- Prep all your veggies by washing, drying and chopping them.
- I decided to not use bread, I’ve recently cut gluten from my diet and instead of sharing a gluten-free slider bun, I kicked it super lazy mode and used butter lettuce. You could use bread, mushroom caps, tomato slices or any green you wish. It’s fun playing around with different combos!
- Assemble your sliders, lettuce (bread) - tofu - onion - broccoli slaw and tomato - topped with lettuce (bread). I mixed about 1 cup of broccoli slaw with a tablespoon of vegan mayo and used that to finish off my slider. Have fun with any veggie or condiments you’d like to add!
- Serve warm, enjoy!
Courses Appetizer, Entree
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan
Be sure to check out yesterday’s recipe and stay tuned for more game day foods all week long!1