Teaming up with Hope Foods to show everyone how to take the jalapeño popper and make it something completely unique and totally vegan! Filled with Sriracha hummus, wrapped in rice paper bacon and baked to crispy perfection. You need these jalapeño poppers for your next party. Not a fan of jalapeños? Substitute for mini sweet peppers!
If you’ve got spicy cravings like me, you must give these a try – like now. If you want to dial it down a bit, Hope Foods has over 10 flavors of hummus to choose from. Including flavors such as; Original, Spicy Avocado, Kale Pesto and my personal favorite – Lemon Peppercorn. But because I like it hot, I opted for the Sriracha flavor. Not too spicy, it’s a great kick and the zesty ranch really cools it down.
If you aren’t able to get ahold of Hope Foods hummus, you can definitely make your own. Like my Oil-Free Black Bean Hummus. Top it all off with some Zesty Ranch, a drizzle of hot sauce and some chopped cilantro and you’ve got yourself a party! These would be perfect for game day, or a lazy day watching Netflix. I’m not ashamed to say after making these I curled up on the couch with a giant bottle of water and watched Bob’s Burgers. My forever favorite animated series, the obsession is real.
How will you make your jalapeño poppers?! Im interested in hearing what combination you would like to try or already enjoy making at home. If you give this recipe a go, please snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy or use the hashtag #PlantPhilosophy on Instagram so I can’t miss seeing your beautiful recreation!
Vegan Bacon Wrapped Sriracha Hummus Jalapeño Poppers
With a few simple ingredients and a little prep, you can make a quick and delicious appetizer with a kick! Perfect for game day or any backyard bbq.
- Halve jalapeños, remove seeds and the center bit. You can also remove the stem, I left it on.
- Fill with Hope Foods Sriracha hummus.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wrap with rice paper bacon, cut into thinner strips. About half the usual width.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, finish with a broil for 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully, they burn easily.
- Remove and let cool for 2-3 minutes before eating. Serve with ranch and enjoy!
You can also try filling these with my oil-free black bean hummus.
Courses Appetizer, Side
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan
Serving Size 2 poppers
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Sodium 207 mg
Total Carbohydrates 11 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 1.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.