Spicy Orange Glaze
Yield 1 cup
- 1 3/4 cups Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- Pinch of Salt
- Cut your oranges in half and squeeze.
- In a small pot over medium high heat, add in your orange juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add in your red pepper flakes and in a small bowl combine the arrowroot and cold water, mixing till dissolved. Add that into the boiling orange juice and whisk till evenly combined.
- Turn the heat off and let your mixture sit.
- Whisk every couple of minutes to check the consistency. It should thicken up in just a couple minutes.
- Let it cool, add in any extra seasonings you’d like. I just added a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness. Minced garlic is another wonderful addition.
- Pour into an air tight container and let cool to room temperature before you store it in the fridge.
Use as a dip, sauce, glaze or marinade. This will keep fresh about 1-2 weeks. Transfer to ice cube trays and store in your freezer, covered, if you’d like to save them even longer.
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/green-cauliflower-wings-spicy-orange-glaze/