Keeping with the Fall theme, I had to share another pumpkin-filled recipe with all of you. I’m officially deeming this dessert as my Thanksgiving day staple. While the classic pumpkin pie is a tried and true tradition, I wanted to put a fresh spin on it for the holiday season. Now it’s something you’ll crave all year long!
A few years back, I would visit my grandparents house every week for Wednesday night dinners. My grandparents would cook up a feast, it made me feel so special to be apart of that. My grandma always made sure to have dessert too, usually a coconut cream pie – my favorite! Combining two of my favorites only seemed logical, I’m hoping my family agrees. I’ll let you all know what they think, I can’t wait to bring this dessert to dinner for Thanksgiving!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cream Pie
Yield 8 servings
When you can't decide between pumpkin pie or coconut cream pie - I've got you covered! It's like the best of both worlds!
- 1 1/2 cups White Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, solid
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Non-Dairy Milk or Water (cold)
- 2 cups Cashews, after soaking
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4-5 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1-2 tsps Pumpkin Spice*, adjust as needed
- 2-3 cups Coconut Whipped Cream, recipe here
- To make the filling, soak ahead your cashews, overnight or for a couple of hours until softened.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth, about 2 minutes on high.
- Pour into an air-tight mason jar (quart) and chill in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To make the crust, measure and pulse the crust ingredients in a food processor, adding the cold non-dairy milk or water slowly. Stop once the dough is flaky and easy to press together.
- Pour half the mixture into the center on pie dish and press evenly to coat. Add the remaining half and press it against the sides.
- Bake at 425 F for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool before filling, about 15-20 minutes.
- To assemble, pour in your cream filling and spread evenly. Top with coconut whipped cream and evenly spread.
- Let chill before serving, about 2-4 hours preferred.
1 tsp of Pumpkin Spice is a combination of 1/3 tsp ground Cinnamon, 1/6 tsp ground Ginger & ground Nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground Cloves & ground Allspice.Freeze for an hour before serving for the perfect slices.
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan