Easy Vegan Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Yield 4 Cups
- 1 block Silken Tofu, (12 oz)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds, raw or roasted
- 1 cup Non-Dairy Milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Water, filtered
- 1 tbsp White or Chickpea Miso
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 3/4 cups Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Salt, to taste (about 1-2 tsp)
For a Nacho Version:
- 10 oz. can Diced Tomatoes + Green Chilies, drained
- Jalapeño slices, to taste (minced)
- 1 tsp more Paprika
- Prep ahead the night before by soaking cashews if you’re not using a high-speed blender.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth (omitting diced tomatoes + chilies), adjusting water until desired consistency is reached.
- For a nacho version, pour and fold in tomatoes + green chilies, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Heat over low heat or serve as is.
Keep stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 6 days. Freeze for up to 3 months, thaw in the fridge the night before using.
Courses Side, Sauce, Appetizer
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/easy-vegan-cheese-sauce/