Double Chocolate Chip Brownie Doughnuts
Yield 6 mini
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 4 oz. Apple Sauce
- 3 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Cashew Cream "Frosting"
- 1/3 cup Raw Cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1-2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Strawberries, small diced (to top)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Reserve half of your chocolate chips for topping. You can hand whisk the ingredients together as well.
- Lightly grease your donut pan, I used this one from Wilton for reference on size. Top each with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips, as desired.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Don't exceed 18-20 minutes or they'll burn, if you're using the mini Wilton donut pan.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a drying rack or plate. I used a fork and gently lifted a side, it should lift easily. Use a knife to loosen the sides if it's not budging.
- Once cooled, top with a drizzle of cashew cream and diced strawberries.
Chill for 10 minutes for a firmer texture and solidified chocolate. These will keep fresh in an air tight container for 2-3 days. Store in the fridge for up to a week and freeze for up to two months.
Cuisine Gluten-free, Vegan, Kid-friendly
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Sodium 68 mg
Total Carbohydrates 46 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 3 g
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/double-chocolate-chip-brownie-doughnuts/