DIY Spicy Chai Concentrate
Yield 1 quart
- In a quart jar measure and pour spices and loose leaf tea.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a pot over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, pour into the quart jar. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- You can leave spices in the jar to chill overnight in the fridge or pour and strain out the loose leaf tea after the 10 minutes of steeping. Saving the cinnamon sticks and star anise to add back in.
- Stir in sweetener of choice, I used a combination of coconut sugar and stevia to lightly sweeten.
- Taste and adjust spices as needed. For a spicier chai, double the ginger and star anise. Let the cinnamon sticks and star anise rest in the jar overnight while it chills.
- Depending on your preference of concentrate. Pour 1:1 over any non-dairy milk for a chilled chai latte.
This will keep in an air-tight container for up to 7 days in the fridge.
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/diy-spicy-chai-concentrate-8-ingredients/