Are you looking for the perfect treat to make your love for Valentines day? Well look no further! I think chocolate covered strawberries are always a great option. Nothing beats the classic, I’m a sucker for tradition.
These are the perfect way to keep it classic but with an added spin on the original. You could even do this with any fruit you like best. I think this would be so good on pineapples, bananas and/or tangerines!
Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Yield 1 pound
- Prep ahead your extras the day before to put this together quickly.
- Wash and dry your strawberries throughly.
- Melt your chocolate with a double boiler or in the microwave at 15 second intervals. Then stir each time, until everything is melted and smooth.
- Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate and let the excess drip off. Lay it gently on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate.
- Let them cool in the fridge to harden for 20 minutes.
- Add some of your cashew cream into a ziplock bag and cut the tip off. Just a small cut, you don’t want it to be too much.
- Grab your strawberries from the fridge and pipe as much cashew cream onto each one as you would like. I just went back and fourth in a zig zag motion.
- Place these back in the fridge to chill.
- Serve cold, dipped in coconut whipped cream - enjoy!
Cinnamon Chai Cashew Cream
Yield 2 1/2 cups
- Prep ahead by adding your cashews to an airtight container full of water, that rises just above them. Soak overnight or at least 2-4 hours.
- Boil a cup of water and let two chai tea bags steep for about 8 minutes.
- Drain your cashews and add them to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Measure and blend everything until smooth, on high for about a minute or two.
- Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate.
- This will keep for up to two weeks. I recommend to use it up in one though.