Cold Quinoa Salad Meal Prep To-Go!
Yield 4 servings
- In a large pot bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, cook until tender and fluffy, about 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let sit to cool.
- Wash and prep all your vegetables. Shredding the carrots and chopping the broccoli into a small bite. I used frozen edamame I let defrost in a bowl while I prepped everything else.
- In a small blender jar measure and add dressing ingredients. Blend together until fully combined and emulsified. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble each meal prep container with an even amount of each ingredient. Leaving a small cup of dressing to be poured over and mixed together upon serving.
- *Oil can be replaced with half water and lemon juice for a lower fat, oil-free option. Alternatively you can use half tahini and lemon juice as well.
- *Any sugar or sweetener of choice can be used, adjust as needed. Agave or maple syrup work the best.
- *For vegan-friendly Worcestershire sauce, I love the Kroger brand (it’s accidentally vegan). Double check the ingredients, most brands contain anchovies.
- If you’re strapped for time a simple balsamic vinaigrette works great as the dressing option for this salad combination.
Courses Lunch, Dinner, Entree
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/cold-quinoa-salad-meal-prep-to-go/