The easiest gluten-free, vegan and oil-free holiday side dish. A simple spin on the classic green bean amandine that’s a bit healthier. You only need about 20 minutes to whip this together!
Back again with a second holiday-friendly side dish that’s perfect for those looking to make dinner fast. I am without a doubt notoriously known for taking FOREVER to cook, especially during the holidays. This year it’s all about simplistic, healthy but still totally delicious sides I can throw together in an hour and serve alongside my veggie roast. I truly do not have the time or patience this year – this baby makes my back hurt!
I’d love to hear what you’re having this holiday season. I’m excited to start new traditions next year with my little bub. My husband and I can’t wait to welcome this kiddo into our lives and make new memories together. Do you have any special holiday traditions?
If you’re interested in even more holiday recipes/ideas, you can look back over some past content for inspiration. I shared a ton of my favorites on Instagram if you’re curious. My personal favorites being this Shepard’s Pie Stuffed Squash and this dreamy Thanksgiving Style Poutine using up leftovers.
Wishing you all a Happy & Healthy Holidays!
Coconut Bacon Green Beans Amandine
Yield 4 servings
- Slice fresh beans French style and cook, covered in a small amount of boiling salted water until crisp-tender and drain. Or cook frozen beans according to package directions.
- Dry cook almonds in a small skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
- Add in minced garlic and shallot plus stock and reduce to a medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and the stock is almost completely cooked down. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Pour over green beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly combine.
- Top with coconut bacon and serve immediately.