For the past couple of weeks I have had the biggest craving for tacos! I think I’ve made some form of them every other day for two weeks straight, it’s pretty crazy. I’m blaming it on the fact that tortillas are awesome and super versatile.
Below I’m sharing a recipe I threw together that was such a killer combo I just had to post it. I really adore the addition of my broccoli wings, they take the place of meat and I promise you will love it! I added a bit of chili pepper to my broccoli wings batter, as well as paprika and cumin. So it really has that smoky/spicy taste. A hint of hot sauce as well, just for extra flavor! I completely forgot to top them with hot sauce for the photos, oops…
Let me know what your favorite taco combo is, I plan on sharing a few recipes with similar flavors in the weeks to come. I’m really digging spicy foods and tons of cirtus – so that’s the theme you’ll see on here. Pretty perfect for Cinco De Mayo – I’ll have to do a recipe round-up to celebrate soon!
Chipotle Bro Tacos
Yield 2 -4 servings
An easy way to add a little spice to your next meal! I didn't include specifics on measurements, you can really build these up to your liking - enjoy!
- Start off by making your broccoli wings, you can find that recipe here. The only adjustment I made was adding a few dashes of chili powder, paprika and cumin.
- While those are baking, prep your slaw by mixing as much as you want with a spoonful of chipotle mayo. Keep it light, it's somewhat spicy and you can always add more later. Set that aside to chill in the fridge. Don't have chipotle peppers to make this mayo? Use hot sauce!
- For the avocado sour cream you can either prep ahead by soaking your cashews overnight or adding them to boiling water for about 5 minutes to soften them up. You can follow the base recipe for that here. I just used that and added in half of a large, ripe avocado. Blended till smooth and kept in the fridge to chill.
- Warm your tortillas in a small skillet, I used a non-stick over medium heat, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Then laid them on a plate with a towel on top to keep them warm.
- Once the broccoli wings are crispy you can remove them from the oven and assemble your tacos.
- I started by adding about 1/4 cup of slaw on the bottom, then topped it with 3-4 broccoli wings and drizzled over the avocado sour cream. Also topping it with cilantro and a couple wedges of fresh lime to squeeze on top.
- Make as many as you want, enjoy while still warm and store any leftovers in the fridge.
You can buy a bag of broccoli slaw mix at most stores, sub in coleslaw mix if you prefer. The avocado sour cream will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, use it fresh and make only what you think you'll eat.I highly recommend adding a dash of hot sauce and squeeze of fresh lime over each taco before eating. Trust me, it's just the best way to eat them.
Courses Dinner, Appetizer
Cuisine Vegan, Gluten-Free