Cheddar Broccoli Scalloped Potato Casserole
Yield 2 Quarts
This recipe is sponsored by Börner.
- 3 pounds Yellow Potatoes, about 7 small
- 3 cups Cheese Sauce, recipe here
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Measure and blend cheese sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- In a small skillet over medium heat add onions and sauté for 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and turn the heat off, mix together and let sit.
- Chop broccoli until small dice is achieved. Add to the onions and stir until combined. Add the cheese sauce into the onion mixture.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Pat dry and slice a clean edge off one end. Using a mandolin, cut thin slices. About 1/8 inch thick.
- Place sliced potatoes into a large bowl of iced water to rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Grab a 2 quart casserole dish and add about 2 cups of the cheese sauce to the bottom. Spreading it out into an even layer.
- Drain your potatoes and begin to stack them together. Placing them on their side to create a ring around your casserole dish. Continue making stacks and lining your dish with potatoes until it's full.
- Top off your potatoes with the remaining cheese sauce. Spreading it out evenly over the entire dish. Be sure to get the sides as well.
- Cover and transfer to the oven, bake at 400 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove to rest before serving or broil to crisp up the top even more. About 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh diced chives and/or coconut bacon.
Courses Entree, Dinner
Recipe by The Plant Philosophy at https://theplantphilosophy.com/cheddar-broccoli-scalloped-potato-casserole/