Sticking with my no-cook theme of fresh bites perfect for the summer heat. These buffalo chickpea salad cucumber bites are so refreshing! Topped with a drizzle of vegan ranch, I make my own, and some chopped roasted pistachios for added flavor and crunch.
The beauty of making this buffalo salad is the versatility. You can mash the chickpeas finely for more of a dip-like consistency to serve alongside vegetables. Or pile it high on toasted bread and/or crackers.
This is truly a staple recipe in my house. Sometimes I omit the buffalo sauce and add mustard and some dulse for more of a mock “tuna” salad and eat it in lettuce wraps or loaded with veggies in a tortilla wrap. It’s a great option for lunches and you can even skip the vegan mayo/cream added if you want a lighter option that will keep fresh longer.
Do yourself a favor now and stock up on all the goods now at your local Kroger Family of Stores. Stay cool this summer and let me know if you give this recipe a try. I would love to hear what you think! Be sure to also snap a photo and tag me @PlantPhilosophy on Instagram using #PlantPhilosophy so I don’t miss seeing your post. I love to leave a comment and reshare my favorite recreations. Thank you very much for taking the time to follow along with my content and make my recipes!
Buffalo Chickpea Salad Cucumber Bites
Yield 2 1/2 cups
- 15 oz. drained Simple Truth Garbanzo Beans, mashed
- 1 large stalk of Celery, finely diced
- 1 medium Carrot, shredded
- 2-3 tbsp Buffalo Sauce, adjust to taste*
- 2 tbsp Vegan Mayo or Tofu Sour Cream*
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice*
- ⅛ cup Scallions, diced
- ¼ cup Yellow Onion, minced
- 1-2 tbsp Dill Relish
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp dried Parsley
- ½ tsp dried Dill
- Black Pepper, to tasteTo Assemble:
- English Cucumber Slices
- Simple Truth Pistachios, chopped
- Vegan Ranch, to drizzle
- Open and drain chickpeas, transfer to a bowl and mash roughly leaving a few chunks.
- Wash and chop celery and spring onions to a fine dice and freshly grate the carrot.
- Measure and add lemon juice, seasonings, buffalo sauce and vegan mayo. Mix until evenly combined.
- Fold in your carrots, celery and spring onions. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve chilled on English cucumber slices with a drizzle of vegan ranch, sprinkled with crushed pistachios. Alternatively you can fold in about ⅓ cup of chopped pistachios and serve the buffalo chickpea base as a dip for cucumber slices.
If prepping ahead, follow the recipe as instructed but adding the sauce, mayo and lemon juice the day of about an hour before serving. Start with 2 tbsp of each and then add more to taste, if desired.
Courses Appetizer, Lunch, Dinner
PIN IT FOR LATER!
This recipe is sponsored by Kroger Co. all thoughts and opinions are my own.2